What is the Purpose of a website?
The purpose of having a website is to have an external representation and presence of your company online. Other than providing business information to your potential customers, the website should also serve as a channel for people to enquire about products or services. If you run an e-commerce site, you want online sales. If you are providing offline goods and services, you need prospects to find your website and enquire about your service.
When it comes to online marketing, search engines usually bring the most traffic to a site. The traffic from search engines is highly targeted because searchers already have the intent to find out more about your products and services when they search on search engines. Therefore, you need to get your website to be ranked high on an organic search results page for keywords, or key phrases that are relevant to what you are offering which is called search engine optimization or SEO. However, most websites are not SEO-friendly, and this makes it hard for them to get high rankings for the relevant keywords.
Tips for designing an SEO friendly website
Below are some of 5 important tips that you should follow for a highly ranked website on search engines:
1. Search engine friendly naming conventions for all your pages.
The naming convention for every page should be search engine friendly. It is best to place relevant keywords that you wish to optimize as your naming convention. Just make sure that it is relevant to the content of the page. Separate words by using (-) such as “search-engine-optimization.html” so as to facilitate crawling.
2. Do not build your site with Flash or frames.
3. Remember to tag your images with keyword-rich description.
For every image on your website, it has an Alt tag. You should place relevant keywords or key phrases inside here to describe the image. And do not put text as an image inside your website as this will prevent search engine spiders from crawling the content and will destroy all your other SEO effort.
4. Place keywords in your Title and Meta tags.
The title is the most important place to put your keywords. Most companies just put their company names in the Title tag which is not enough. Place keywords that you wish to rank well on search engines at the front of the Title and inside your Meta Description tags.
5. Have a sitemap on your website.
A sitemap allows search engine spiders to follow all the links and index every page on your site quickly, which will assist your optimization process significantly.
Lastly, remember not to use images as your navigation buttons or links. If you need to use images, do provide a text navigation links on your page so that spiders can read them.
Superb SEO Strategies
There are solid SEO strategies that can do wonders for your website development process.
Below are some of the Ultimate strategies:
- Firstly target at least some relevant keywords and phrases and then only optimize them.
- Do not go for any duplicate content. Try always to provide unique and fresh content on your website. The quality of the content matters a lot for the overall hike of a site’s rank and position.
- Replace every underscore with a hyphen and replace every blank space so that the URL’s become readable.
- Remember to use relevant keywords in Alt tags of images according to necessity.
- Be careful to use semantic markup only.
- Broken links must not be present, and a site map is a must for visitors.
- There must be a robots.txt file in the home directory.
- Web analytics must be set up, and all the main pages must be run to make sure that the spiders run very deep every time.
- Reduce the scripts and try to acquire services from a noteworthy server and automated backup.
- Flash must not be used, and 301 redirects are a must.
- The domain name must contain a head term.
To make your site search friendly, you are supposed to do the following:
- Avoiding flash usage and frames
- Don’t go for hidden text
Make use of:
To succeed in building a search engine friendly website, go to companies that can provide customized services. If you can pull out the right SEO package, then you would naturally end up with:
- Successful link building
- Content creation
- Social media optimization
By following certain basic tips, you can expect to achieve immense fame and popularity among the search engines. Remember whatever the process (whether it is development process or website building process), the SEO vehicle is the powerhouse of every successful website nowadays. Your rivals are waiting to pounce on you, so it is vital to make a strategic move in the entire process to avoid being plagued by malicious attackers always ready to ruin your business. Today there is an enormous demand for these techniques because there has been an incredible growth in the online sales all around. So if you have to set yourself among the stars, you have to be very cautious. Don’t forget that your site is your mirror.